Last updated: 8/23/11
What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We actively collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to our site.
We automatically collect certain information when you use our site and our services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on our site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our site and our users’ experiences on our site, such as providing ads, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase our site's functionality and user friendliness;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our site; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
For example, we share personal information as follows:
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Your Control and the Ability of Others to View your Information
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.